FY 2021-2022 Sanitary and Stormwater Charges and Rates
Portland sewer rates increased on July 1, 2021. The estimated average single-family sewer and stormwater monthly bill increased 3.15% from $77.85 to $80.30.
- Sanitary Sewer Services: $48.52 (60.4%) of the estimated average single-family monthly bill pays for sewage treatment, maintenance, and debt service for the sanitary sewer system.
- Stormwater Services: $30.43 (37.9%) of the estimated average single-family monthly bill pays for stormwater treatment, operation, maintenance and debt service of stormwater management facilities.
- Portland Harbor: $1.35 (1.7%) funds the City's participation in the Portland Harbor Superfund — a federal environmental cleanup in the lower Willamette River.
Low Income Assistance Program
- Qualifying Tier 1 single-family customers (households earning 60% or less of median family income) will receive a discount of up to $39.47 per month.
- Qualifying Tier 2 income single-family customers (households earning 30% or less of median family income) will receive a discount of up to $63.16 per month.
- About 8,600 households currently receive low income assistance.