June 17, 2010
Portlanders are rightly concerned about the future of Forest Park. Today, Commissioner Fish announced important and immediate steps to address how the park is managed now and in the future. He has pledged to:
- Finalize a Partnership Agreement with the Forest Park Conservancy.
- Deliver the final Forest Park Desired Future Conditions report.
- Hire and assign a full-time Park Ranger to Forest Park.
- Complete the Forest Park Recreation Survey.
- Recruit a City Club Forest Park Research Committee member to participate on the 2011-12 PP&R Budget Advisory Committee.
The Commissioner has instructed the Parks Bureau to complete these steps by September of this year.
Click here for the full text of the press release.
In the news:
- Nick's Oregonian guest op-ed: Forest Park: Our much-loved but at-risk treasure
- Bike Portland: Commissioner Fish announces initiatives for Forest Park
- Park Talk: Parks Commissioner Nick Fish Announces New Initiatives for Forest Park
- Portland Mercury: Nick Fish Outlines Next Steps for Forest Park
Thanks to flickr user toiletooth for the photo