Steps 4 & 5 - Final Plans & Plans to issue for construction
Portland Public Works Permit Process
STEPS 4 & 5 – Final Plans & Plans to issue for construction
During these last steps in the Public Works Permit process, your team prepares the Final Plans for your public works improvements. These engineered plans include all necessary details about your development site and final public improvement design requirements, as well as all standard City details needed to construct them.
When corrections are requested, an 'interim review' submittal is required. At the successful end of plan review, the city will sign off on your Final Plans and request signed and stamped plans for City signature (see Step 5 below).
CAUTION: Make sure that the forms and plans that you file are complete and accurately reflect your previously-reviewed development objectives, design concepts and development plans. The City will charge you additional fees if you need to request additional meetings to complete this step in the permitting process.
Step 4 - Final Plan Submittal:
Submit Final Plans and Interim Final Plans using the on-line form (link below). You will need to sign up for a www.portlandoregon.gov account to access the online submittal form. After log-in, the submittal form will prompt you to add applicable projection information, attach required forms and plans, and must be 'complete' before allowing you to press 'Submit'.
- Final Plan Submittal - (online form)
- Interim Submittal - revisions required after initial Final Plan submittal (online form)
Once the Final Plans or Interim Final Plans are submitted, an automated message will be sent confirming that the plans were submitted successfully.
Step 5 - Stamped Plan Submittal (aka 'vellums') using DocuSign:
Once Final Plans are approved, submit plans as follows:
- Email a PDF of the unsigned vellum plan sheets to firstname.lastname@example.org. If file size is too big to email, use a document sharing application to email a link to the plans.
- If the project includes signals and street lighting improvements, submit a digital copy of associated special provisions following the City of Portland's Standard Construction Specifications. Please ask for assistance, if you are unfamiliar with the preparation of special provisions.
Public Works Permitting with set the plans up for signature routing using DocuSign.
- DocuSign: How to Sign a Document: How to Sign a Document - DocuSign Simplified Sending Video | DocuSign Support Center
- External customers do not need a license to participate.
Questions, or Need Help with Online Submittals?
Hours: 8:00- 4:30 Monday through Friday
Please email email@example.com for more information,
Or, call the Public Works Permitting hotline at 503-823-1987