February 14, 2012
We'd like to offer our congratulations to Portland Housing Bureau Director Traci Manning on her first 100 days leading the team at PHB.
This morning, she shared a review of her first few months and a look ahead at a forum presented by the Oregon Opportunity Network. Oregon ON is a statewide group of more than 200 organizations in the affordable housing and community development field.
A few of Traci's highlights:
- Reaffirming the City's commitment to the 30% TIF Set-Aside, and celebration $150 million invested in affordable homes since its inception.
- Launching the Fair Housing Advocacy Committee to oversee implementation of our Fair Housing Action Plan.
- Completing the Big Look Limited Tax Exemption policy review committee.
- Introducing a pilot overnight sleeping partnership with the faith community.
- Submitting the FY 2012-13 Requested Budget, crafted with the input of the Portland Housing Advisory Commission (PHAC), which serves as PHB's Budget Advisory Committee.
- Announcing the availability of funding to support the production or rehab of affordable homes for Portlanders, and investing over $9 million to create or preserve 151 affordable homes.
Looking forward, Director Manning's focus will include resource development, implementing PHB's equity agenda, a 'reset' of the 10-Year Plan to End Homelessness, and continuing to align PHB's Strategic Plan with the Portland Plan to align the City's strategies to meet the future housing needs of Portlanders.
Again, congratulations to Traci for an outstanding first 100 days.