New Blanchet House of Hospitality Grand Opening
September 13, 2012
Nick was honored to join Blanchet House of Hospitality Board members, volunteers, and community members to celebrate the grand opening of the new Blanchet House in the Old Town China Town neighborhood.
Founded in 1952 by a group of University of Portland students, Blanchet House began serving meals to those in need in the community. 60 years later, Blanchet serves three meals a day, six days a week, and provides shelter and services for men experiencing homelessness.
Blanchet House had outgrown its home on NW 4th & Glisan, and the City of Portland was proud to invest in a new, larger building just a half a block away. Now with four stories, Blanchet House and its surrounding community can shepherd in the next 60 years of service.
Blanchet House in Old Town dedicates its new building serving the needy
Rebecca Koffman, special to The Oregonian