Diversity and Civic Leadership Program
What is the Diversity and Civic Leadership Organizing Project?
The Diversity and Civic Leadership (DCL) is a capacity building program for community-based organizations. Participating organizations support cohorts in strengthening their leadership skills and participation in the civic governance of the City. The grantees:
- Design, develop and implement projects that broaden diverse participation in the City
- Build constituent identity and communication structures
- Improve the livability and sense of community with a focus on communities of color, immigrant and refugee communities.
- Show demonstrated experience in community organizing, organizational development, leadership development, and communications
Who Are the Current Grantees?
- Immigrant and Refugee Community Organization (IRCO)
- Latino Network
- Momentum Alliance
- NAYA Portland Youth & Elders Council
- Unite Oregon
- The Urban League of Portland